Sunday, May 20, 2012

Dubai, the Futuristic Sauna City

After two lengthy plane rides, a layover in London, and being ushered through the Dubai International Airport by a Marhaba welcome agent, I was on my way to the Centro Barsha hotel, where I will be staying for the next 41 days. In my half-asleep state, I still had a few thoughts coming through the city by car late at night:

  • It feels like a damn sauna here. When you walk out of the airport, the heat slaps you in the face. Yes, it's actually that hot.
  • Even just in the airport and the hotel, I've never seen a wider range of peoples and cultures, from ethnicities to dress to accents. 
  • All of this, everything around me, has only really been here for 30 or so years... This is a pop up city. It feels kind of futuristic, like from one of those movies set in 2040. So a futuristic sauna city, essentially.
Check back occasionally or follow the blog (in that bar on the right) to see what thoughts I may be sharing.

Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. 24 - 7 - 365 You sould try my motto!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. best double wall oven When your website or blog goes live for the first time, it is exciting. That is until you realize no one but you and your.

    ReplyDelete