Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Humans of Dubai #2


“We need diversity of thought in the world to face the new challenges..." and diversity of thought begins with diversity of people and communication between them.

People I've met this week:

  • Ahmed, a 12 year old Emirati, who rode the chairlift at Ski Dubai with me. He then proceeded to kick my ass in a race down the hill... who knew that there were good Emirati skiers?
  • Imran- Pakistani security guard at TBWA\RAAD for the night shift, he has been in the UAE for 6 months. He started the conversation, and asked me questions about America and about my perspective of the Middle East for almost 40 minutes. 
  • Conan- a Brit who works on the TBWA side, he has only worked at the agency for about 8 months, and has been very open to doing activities and things with us on weekends since he's newer too.
  • Sana- a young Moroccan woman who has only been in the UAE for a year and only been with TBWA for a month. Her undergrad degree in Morocco was in communications, and she's been getting her Master's in the UAE in communications with a focus on PR. She was asking me all about the Newhouse curriculum in PR, and was telling me that she is contemplating getting her PhD in communications.
The people, buildings and sights here are truly like a dream sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment